When you click the Log In To Script Installer link, you are presented with the following error
To fix this problem you will need to login as ‘root’ to the console of your ESX host and edit a file. By default the scripted installer applet is disabled – to enable it follow the process below:
1. Log in to the console using your root account
2. Using VI or NANO open the following file /usr/lib/vmware/webAccess/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/webapps/ui/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
3. We need to comment out and un-comment some lines. Luckily they are in the same section. You need to find the scripted install handler section.
4. I have marked in red the line of code we need to comment out and the section to un-comment in blue, in the picture below.
To comment out the line, we use the <!– to start the comment and close the comment using –>
5. In the screenshot below you can see the changes we have made to the section. Save the changes and exit the editor.
6. To have our changes take effect the configuration file needs to be re-read by the web server so we will need to restart the webAccess service.
Enter service vmware-webAccess restart to restart the webAccess service